Online Profile: not logged in
Practice - Learn - Improve Your Game
Easy to use interface
- DD Dashboard - on the left, control what you want to see,
where you want to see it. Choose from these Dashboard Items:
- Poker Clock (blinds/antes/level/time)
- Up Next (next blinds/antes)
- When It's My Turn... (act in advance)
- My Hand (your current best hand)
- Pot Odds and Hand Strength
- Improve Hand (odds to improve)
- Calculator Tool
- My Table and Rank
- Advisor (AI advice)
- Cheat Options (quick access)
- 4 color deck, customize deck back and table color
- Chat area displays player actions and hand results, like online
- Resize chat/dashboard/poker table
- Cheat options (see below for details)
- DD Poker's computer players are based on a unique, advanced
and tough AI
- Customize the AI in relevant terms that describe characteristics
of actual human players. For example:
- Hand Selection criteria
- Knowledge of Position and Pot Odds
- Taking into account stack size
- Susceptibility to chasing flushes and straights
- Vulnerability to going on tilt and boredom
- Advisor gives recommendations and rationale so you can understand
why the advice is being given.
Practice playing in limit, pot limit and no limit hold'em tournaments
like the 2005 World Championship.
You can select from 15 pre-defined formats and customize them
to suit your needs or design one from scratch.
The game's tournament editor allows you to specify the buy-in
amount, rebuys, add-ons, blinds/ante structure, level time limit
and payout amounts. DD Poker can match pretty much any tournament
Each tournament is summarized in easy-to-read tabs. You can export
any table by right clicking on it and saving to a comma delimited
file, easily readable by spreadsheets like Excel.
Computer Opponents - Artificial
Is your goal to play better poker against computer
opponents? Probably not. When was the last time you took a monster
pot off of a robot? You're probably looking to improve your
game against real people. If so, then it's important that you
practice against computer players who play realistically.
Sound poker strategy is an important part of any
worthy computer opponent, but the human players in a typical
game rarely play that way. If you want to improve your chances
in a real tournament, you don't need an opponent that can beat
you as much as you need an opponent that can teach you. Rather
than opponents who never go on tilt, who never throw their chips
at you, and never grow tired or bored of the game, you need
opponents who do all of those things, because that's exactly
what real people do. Rather than advice on how to play a hand
that's based on extensive and complex computations that you
can neither fully understand nor perform in your head, you need
advice explained in terms of simple concepts that you can apply
at the table.
DD Poker's computer players do just this and more.
You control them in terms you understand and they give you advice
and the rationale behind it. Rather than simple recommendations
like "fold", "check" or "bet",
DD Poker's advisor will tell you that it took into account table
position, the size of the your stack and the relative strength
of your hand.
DD Poker works with you
DD Poker is extremely easy to use and
has tons of options and features to allow you to play the game
how you want to:
- Run full screen or in a regular resizable window (good for
playing at work). No other poker software on the market lets
you resize the window (unbelievable in today's high-tech era!)
- Within the window, you can resize the dashboard, chat area
and poker table.
- You don't need to use the mouse at all during the tournament.
Each action is controlled by a key (for example, 'D' starts
- There are no annoying pop-up windows for entering bets (an
entry field is right on the main screen which is controlled
by "spinner" buttons, a slider, the arrow keys and
the mouse wheel).
Have fun playing poker using the DD Poker "cheat" options:
Show Cheat Popup's - Mouse
click on any player to change their name, stack size, cards
or even boot them from the tournament! Change AI type, move
the button and more.
Show Winning Hand - Always
display the hand that wins the pot.
Show Folded Hands - Show
the hands of players that folded - see if your bluff worked!
- Show Mucked Hands - Show the hands of players
that called to the end, but lost and mucked.
Show All Community Cards
- Find out what your hand would have made if you had stayed
Peek At Opponent's Cards -
Sneak a peek at your opponents hands!
- Computer Cards Face Up - If a peek won't
do, just deal all AI cards face up.
- Pause After Cards Dealt - Pause the game
just after the deal, flop, turn and river cards to allow you
to change cards or evaluate the situation before any betting
- Don't Move Dealer Button - Keep the button
where it is to practice playing a certain table position,
like the big blind or under-the-gun.
Never Go Broke -If you
ever go broke, you get 50% of the chips from the tournaments
chip leader. They may not like that, but it's a computer
Besides the "cheat options", there are
tons of preference settings you can use to control the tournament...
...to name a few. Just download
the game (it's Free!) to see
all the options at your disposal.
- Show Large Cards - Choose whether to
show standard playing cards or larger, easier to see cards.
- Auto Deal - Automatically deal next hand
after the current one finishes (pause time before deal customizable
- Pause When All-in - Pause the action
when all in and see your odds of winning, just like they
show on TV.
- Hole Cards Face Down - choose to have
your hole cards face down. You can view them by passing
your mouse over them. This allows you to practice memorizing
- Jump to End After Fold - speed along
the tournament by jumping to the end of a hand when you
fold (you don't have to watch the computer players finish
- Always Allow Fold - If you have posted
a big blind and no raises or the bet is checked around to
you, it is silly to fold. The game will prevent you from
doing this unless this option is on.
- Hands Per Hour - define how many hands
are played in an hour. This is used to control the rate
of the tournament clock.
- Time Delay - control the delay between
computer player actions. Go slow so you can see the action
as it happens or go fast to get in as many hands as you
- Deck Design - choose from a variety of
deck designs or customize it with your own image.
In Game Help
DD Poker has extensive online help explaining everything
from the basics of the game to game strategy.
Get advice on poker etiquette and tips for hosting your own poker
You can view the in-game help here.